Cannon Connections' primary goals are to ensure that all Cannon parents feel welcome and involved, and to support the teachers and administration with all they do for the children and families at Cannon School. We are Cannon's equivalent to a parent-teacher association (PTA) or parent-teacher organization (PTO). As a parent of a student enrolled at Cannon School, you are already a member of Cannon Connections!
Cannon Connections strives to meet these goals by:
- Overseeing parent volunteers (grade leads and room parents) throughout all three divisions who support the teachers' efforts in the classroom for special events, field trips and classroom celebrations
- Organizing school-wide activities and events that provide Cannon students and families with social opportunities, build a sense of community, and enrich school life
- Maintaining a Teacher/Staff Appreciation committee to recognize all that the Cannon teachers and staff do for our children on a daily basis
- Sponsoring and staffing bi-annual book fairs, an annual school supply sale, an annual Lower School uniform consignment sale, and an annual Upper School used textbook sale
- And much more!
Through sponsorship and participation in "Shop and Share" programs (in lieu of active fundraising), Cannon Connections is able to provide services supporting student and classroom needs, and host or contribute to the following school-wide events, at no direct cost to families.
- Father-Daughter Dance
- Mother-Son Event
- Prom and Cougar Day
- Educational Speakers
- Parent Coffees with Head of School and Division Leaders
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Events
We encourage parents to participate in our year-round, passive fundraising Shop and Share
programs. These programs provide an opportunity for you to shop for everyday items at stores such as Harris Teeter and Target and to share a percentage of those purchases with Cannon Connections in support of our School.
These activities and events are also made possible through the numerous volunteers that support Cannon Connections each year. There are many ways for parents to volunteer their time and talents. Please review all of the opportunities to Get Involved!
Thank you for being a valued member of the Cannon community. We look forward to your partnership throughout the school year.