Current COVID-19 Protocols
While we cannot predict the impact of new COVID-19 variants, we remain optimistic about the 2021-2022 school year thanks to:
- Proven teamwork by our Cannon community in following health and safety protocols
- Expanded knowledge about layered prevention strategies in schools
- Increasing vaccination rates
- Successful Camp Cannon and Cannon Athletics program activities all summer
- Longstanding consultation with our local medical and public health experts
Conditions were not nearly as encouraging in the fall of 2020. Last year, during the height of the pandemic, five layered prevention strategies helped schools lower the risk of community transmission of the virus during on-campus teaching and learning: masking, handwashing, distancing, sanitation, and contact tracing with appropriate quarantine periods.
Based on current conditions, Cannon School has modified our prevention strategies for the start of the 2021-2022 school year as follows. In addition, we strongly encourage families to get their children in the approved age category vaccinated against COVID-19.
The following Health & Safety Protocols will be in place through October 1, 2021. As conditions are changing rapidly, we will adjust accordingly in hopes of limiting the impact of these interventions while keeping our students in school. Any changes to these protocols will be shared on October 1, 2021.
For questions about Cannon School’s policies, protocols, or technology, please reach out to these members of our school community for help:
After School Program:
Laurie Burlington, After School Program Supervisor
Magnus Mobile App Setup: