Dear Prospective Cannon Athletes and Families,
Students who want to participate in Cannon Athletics at the middle school or high school level must have updated physical, concussion awareness, spirit of athletic competition, consent to treat, and consent to participate and release forms filled out by parents, athletes, and doctors. These forms, also available on the Back-to-School Center webpage, are good for the entire year and all three seasons of athletics. Our recommendation from Cannon Athletics is to get these forms filled out in June or July for participation in the upcoming academic year. Many families like to use their family doctors and that, of course, is fine. However, many health plans prevent a physical from being updated until a twelve-month period has elapsed since the most recent physical. For some athletes, this date occurs in the middle of the season, thus rendering the athlete ineligible for the time period between the date that the physical expires and the opportunity to get another physical. This is an unpleasant situation for the athlete, the family, and the team. Our suggestion is to get the physical from your doctor in the summer.
Thank you for your cooperation in handling your athlete's eligibility well in advance, and we look forward to seeing you on the fields, courts, tracks, and courses soon.
Varsity and JV Fall 2021 Sports Tryouts and Start Dates
- Cabarrus Warriors Football (grades 9-12) - 3:30pm – 6:45 pm
- JV and Varsity Volleyball (grades 9-12) – 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- JV and Varsity Boys Soccer (grades 9-12) – 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- JV and Varsity Girls Tennis (grades 9-12) – 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Varsity Cheerleading (grades 9-12) – 9:00am – 10:00am
- Varsity Girls Golf (grades 9-12) - 4:00pm
- Varsity Girls Cross Country (grades 9-12) – 8:00am
- Varsity Boys Cross Country (grades 9-12) – 8:00am
Middle School Fall 2021 Sports Tryouts and Start Dates
- JV Football (grades 7-8) – 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Middle School Volleyball (grades 7-8) 2:30pm – 4:00pm
- Middle School Boys Soccer (grades 7-8) – 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Middle School Boys and Girls Cross Country (grades 7-8) – 2:30pm
- Middle School Girls Tennis (grades 7-8) – 2:30pm
Cannon's Strength and Conditioning program focuses on four key areas: injury prevention, sports performance, self-confidence, and fitness for life.
Athletic trainers specialize in the management, prevention, and recovery of injured athletes.
Upcoming tryout and practice dates, as well as required athletic forms, may be found here.
Team schedules, details, rosters, and scores are available on Team Pages.
Cannon’s athletic facilities include the Randy Marion Field House, the Andrews Strength and Conditioning Center, Hill Grimmett Multipurpose Athletic Center, and more.