The mission of Cannon School’s College Counseling Program is to build personal relationships with Upper School students that encourage their exploration, develop their decision-making skills, and assist them in moving confidently from the Cannon community to the next stage of life and beyond.
The College Counseling team believes creating relationships with families is a priority. Targeted programs are hosted for parents in each grade level as well as presentations related to the college admission and financial aid process. Parents are also invited to attend family sessions with their college counselor.
Parent programming hosted by the College Counseling team:
- Parent Night - all grade levels
- Financial Aid Workshop – all grade levels
- Coffee with College Counseling Q&A session – freshman and junior parents
- ACT/PSAT Interpretations – freshmen and sophomore parents
- College Admission Case Studies Event – junior parents
- College Admission Deans Panel – all grade levels
- College Kick-Off – senior parents
- Transitioning your child beyond Cannon – senior parents
- Individual appointments with college counselor – open to all parents; scheduled by Cannon for junior and senior parents
Discover an assortment of helpful resources to assist you in your college search.
Learn how to plan your visit to Cannon School, and other important information for College Representatives.