|Dear Friends of Cannon School,|
There could not be a more exciting time to learn about the people and programs that shape the learning experience at Cannon. Please know that Cannon is a school that has dedicated itself to developing teaching practices and curriculum that equip students to learn how to learn.
I invite you to dig deeper into this site to see the evidences of this commitment; and more importantly, I invite you to come and visit our campus. We are honored by your interest in Cannon.
Head of School
- Appointed Cannon School’s sixth head of school on July 1, 2006.
- Recognized in 2007 as an Outstanding Head of School by the Klingenstein Center for Independent School Education at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Formerly head of school at Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School, St. Louis, Missouri (1994-2006) and headmaster at Westminster Schools of Augusta, Georgia (1987-1994).
- Received a Bachelor of Arts in English from Vanderbilt University, where he played varsity football and earned All-SEC Conference academic honors. He holds a Master of Arts in teaching from Vanderbilt and received his Master of Education from Harvard's Graduate School of Education.
- Taught at his alma mater, Chamblee High School in Atlanta, Georgia; Dunwoody High School in Dunwoody, Georgia; Westminster Schools of Atlanta, Georgia; Westminster Schools of Augusta, Georgia; and Mary Institute and Saint Louis Country Day School, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Board Chair, Council for Spiritual and Ethical Education (2004-2012), member of the Cannon Memorial YMCA Board of Trustees (appointed in 2007), advisor to Davidson College’s Center for Ethics (appointed 2007), and president of the North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association (appointed 2011).