Making Sense of Mission, Vision, and Values
Cannon’s Mission Statement answers the question: "Why does Cannon School exist?" Cannon School exists to provide a college preparatory education with a purposeful balance:
- academic excellence and personal responsibility
- athletics and the arts
- challenging and safe
Our school motto, Go Beyond, uses the Mission Statement and our Core Values as its base and captures the spirit and energy that inspire faculty, students, staff, and parents at Cannon.
Cannon’s Fundamental Vision honors the School’s Mission by specifically addressing the question: "What can Cannon contribute now to the good of society?"
The Enduring Objectives guide the School’s leadership as it charts the School’s strategic direction.
The Cannon School community instills academic excellence and personal responsibility, inspires athletic and artistic accomplishment, and promotes a respect for diversity within a challenging and safe educational environment.
Go Beyond. These two simple words say everything about a Cannon School education. They go right to the heart of the School’s passion for excellence and readiness to embrace change. They speak to our students’ desire to stretch themselves beyond their comfort zones and exceed expectations in all that they do. They encapsulate the myriad ways that teachers inspire in their students a lifelong love of learning.
- Courage: Willingness to take risks, be innovative, and embrace change.
- Integrity: Knowing and doing what is right.
- Passion: Enthusiasm for excellence.
- Respect: Valuing self as you do others, their differences and their property.
- Teamwork: Cooperating, communicating and collaborating to achieve a common goal.
- Kindness: Taking the time to care for others.